Good morning, good morning, good morning! Elder Larsen here, signing on to tell y'all about the week. :)
...Honestly, transfer week is always pretty low-key: whether you're being transferred or not. :P I could tell you about inter-missionary romances, or leadership befuddlements, or drama some of the Elders are having with their wards, buuut I don't think those are usually the kinds of things y'all want to hear about haha.
Instead, I'll just say we have one investigator on-date, a different investigator came to church, and both want to be baptized before I leave. :) I've told you a lot about Cindy and Debbie, so I'll just tell you how the latest lesson went.
Things were all set for Elder Gibbs to come teach with me... Until they were running 15 minutes late. By that time, Elder Cuadra Guerra and I were already inside with Cindy, Debbie, and Sister Spackman: the wife of the area 70 here. Also, the granddaughter of President Ezra Taft Benson and teacher in Relief Society... But that's largely irrelevant. :P Long story short, we ended up having four missionaries and one member, as Cindy puts it, "swarm" our investigators that night!
The lesson still went pretty well all in all. Cindy had already decided to be baptized in the Spring, so when we extended the invitation to Debbie we informed her that she could be baptized as soon as 2 1/2 weeks. At this remark, Cindy got a little huffy and said, "But don't you have to teach her all of the things she has to do first?!" I responded, "Yeah, but that only has to take two weeks..."
...Since Cindy's been investigating since last January, that threw her off quite a bit! When Debbie accepted to be baptized on February 7th, Cindy muttered under her breath, "Well, maybe I should just get my act together and get it done sooner..."
...I cried. :) Cindy then came to church yesterday for the first time in... Six months? :D Basically, things are going well on that front! Elder Gibbs and I have another lesson with them on Thursday. :)In other news, I made, like, 200 cookies that we've been distributing to investigators, LARC's and members, and people really seem to like them! I had to make a second batch because the other missionaries ate them all. >:(
Chris and Kristina's baptism is on Saturday, and they've asked me to give the talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost!! :D I love them. I'll get to do their baptismal interview on Friday, so I definitely get a lot of chances to follow-up haha.
I did get the notes from the Ward!! Honestly, mail has been a wonderful thing lately- I thought it would be slowing down, but for some reason people are so nice! Thanks to everyone who's been helping on that front. :)
I'm quite perturbed to hear about Ellie, though. :( Hopefully this specialist can work some magic.
Well, I should get going- I have to prepare for a special musical number next week at zone conference. :) Love ya!
Monday, January 19, 2015
Week 99-Blargelshnaw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment