Unfortunately, today's one of those days where I've been here looking at the cursor for the past twenty minutes, every blink taunting me as if to say, "Go ahead. Just try and move me." :P
I really don't have a whole lot to update on, but I'll try and share a story about a man named Art.Every week, we try and visit Sister Brown: An elderly lady who can't come to church due to her increasing age and ailments. She's extremely nice and pleasant, albeit slightly forgetful haha. About three weeks ago, I went to visit her whilst on exchanges with Elder Jacobs! After our typical visit, she wandered away towards the kitchen of the nursing home, urging us to follow her. Aaand she surprised us by having them feed us lunch! :D
During lunch, the cook came out to talk to her. Art is from the Philippines and, although he loves working with the elderly, none of them can understand his accent. :P Soo he pretty much just talked to us. We gave him a Book of Mormon, but didn't think much else about it.
Two days ago, Sister Brown gave us a call and told us that Art had read the entire book and wanted us to come back to talk to him!! He lives in Airdrie, but we don't know his actual address yet: We're going in to meet him at work tomorrow. :)
Thanks for your thoughts on the "thoughtful little things," mom- it's actually something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I'll take your challenge to heart. :)
Have a good week!
-Elder Larsen
Monday, October 20, 2014
Week 86- Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment