Background





Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 102-Two Weeks Notice

...Well, it's officially becoming difficult to want to email haha.  I never understood why Elder Short was always done emailing in 15 minutes. :P

This week's been... Interesting?  Most of our lessons cancelled, and, after the stellar Sunday last week, things were much slower this go around.

Seeing as I became aware of some very pertinent deadlines for school (AKA I was supposed to have my Ecclesiastical Endorsement in before the 1st of February and my scholarship applications in before March...), I spent a lot of time with Elders Jacobs and Fleshman, helping each other get through the entire ordeal.  The frustration becomes a lot easier to handle when two other people are feeling the same way you do: "Uh, what's the password for my email again?" "...Social Security Number?" "My mom did all of this last time... I think it just sent all of the info to her email address..."  It reminded me what worldly stress is like haha.  Barring the portions of my FAFSA I couldn't complete, I think it's practically finished- Now I just have to wait and see if I get re-accepted. :P

In other news, we had a lesson with the Kheang family on Saturday. They're so sick!! :D I don't think I could even explain everything that makes me love them.  Sister Kheang if a refugee of sorts: Her mom was Chinese, but Sister Kheang was born in Cambodia.  Then the Khmer Rouge began the Cambodian Genocide, ripped her father from the home, and killed the mother, leaving only Sister Kheang and her handicapped sister.  She was adopted by another family who treated her very poorly: Her only source of food was the leftover grains of rice the family had thrown out, scattered in the dirt.  Then, the American Red Cross came to the border between Cambodia and Thailand and rescued all of the injured and handicapped, so Sister Kheang was separated from her Sister.  A few days later, she snuck across the border and happened upon a humanitarian man from Australia who helped her eventually find her way into a decent home in Southern Alberta.

...Crazy, eh?  And then, three years ago, she was baptized.  In Gospel Principles on Sunday she shared that, ever since, she's found the fight with Satan easier to manage.  This was her second week in a row at church, and she's bringing the whole family next week. :) 
I'm so happy to hear about Ellie!!!! :D :D :D  Man, life only gets better!!  Taylor, the competition for "favourite uncle" is real. ;)

It's been weird to think about coming home... Honestly, I'm glad that my homecoming, Jori's wedding, and Ellie's baby blessing are all happening around the same time: Sharing the spotlight will be greatly appreciated.  In talking with one of my good mission friends, we've decided that being home will be great: The process of coming home... Not so much haha. :P  I would love to go to Grandma and Grandpa's that day! I miss them. :)  As for the next day, no news yet- I'll let you know ASAP, though.

Well, I'm going to sign off and send a picture or two. :)  I love you, and I'll talk to you next week!
-Elder Larsen
These are two of Sister Khaeng's kids: Paris and Lesle.  After our first visit, they wanted to play some board games with me, so they bought me a version of Monopoly!  :D They're so sweet!
I got to go to the mission office to finish some of the application process, and I found something fun on our fleet coordinator's desk. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment