Background





Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 92-Temple Session, Share the Gift, Transfer Thoughts

Hey family!  Things have been going pretty swell this week:  We met with a less-active this week who said he'd come to church.  And then he didn't.  Pretty much the story of every less-active. :P

The highlight of the week was on Saturday when the temperature hit -34 with the wind chill.  And Elder Williams and I didn't have any appointments set up.  Soo we called President for permission to go to the temple, took the C-train up to the Northwest, and had a great session!  There were only 11 people in the session: Probably due to the massive snowstorm that hit the day before. :P "wedwad" (Courtesy of Elder Haskell throwing $1.00 in change at my keyboard.)  The trip was great because it gave us a chance to introduce the "He is the Gift" pass-along cards to as many people as possible!

I don't know how much you've heard about it, but this video has really made missionary work easier.  I didn't get to watch it until today, but the Spirit in it is really strong: It isn't my favourite mormon message, yet the Spirit of Christmas still exudes from the screen.

...Annie's not allowed to go to YSA.  I forbid it.  Also, she has to hang out only with girls.  Single girls. :)

I'm including my letter to President at the end here because I don't have a lot to say... hopefully it'll give you more. :P

I love you, and I'll let you know about transfers tomorrow!
-Elder Larsen


Hey President! Things are going pretty well here; I don't have a lot to report on except a big "thank-you" for the awesome temple trip Elder Williams and I had on Saturday.  It definitely helped me get through a lot of the stuff I've been working through, and the revelation received gave me the spiritual boost to carry on the rest of the day.

The He Is The Gift initiative is pretty great. Although I still think it's less of an "initiative" and more of a "promotion," it's been really fun to implement it into our member-missionary work.  On the train-ride to and from the temple, it was well-received by those I talked to, and I found it makes it easier to bare testimony of the Saviour as the centre of our message.  The Spirit is also really strong when we discuss it in supper appointments, and I've enjoyed the opportunity to be a part of it so far!

I'm definitely not ready for transfers... I thought I would be, but I'm honestly terrified.  Wherever I'm going, it's likely to be my last area, and potentially my last companion, so I don't really know what to expect: For my whole mission, if something wasn't working out right, or I wasn't improving the way I wanted to, I'd just tell myself, "Oh, it's okay- you'll get it right next transfer."  ...But soon I won't be able to say that anymore.  In talking with Elder Larson, I've determined that I need to buckle down and truly get it right for my last three months.  And, if I don't, I'll learn to be happy with any amount of progression. :)

The District's still dysfunctional as ever, but I don't really know what else to expect from a 4-Elder District: Actually, I think any district that doesn't have any Sisters or Seniour Couples has issues, so I don't think I can feel too badly.

As much as I dread the upcoming transfer, it's probably about time: Elder Williams and I are doing well together, buuut I'm pretty sure that he's sick of me.  As well as just plain sick: Our connecting bus coming back from the train was offline, so we were in the bitter cold for longer than anticipated.  Meaning Elder Williams contracted a vile disease that's made him miserable. He's not really miserable to be around except for the fact that I'm a fairly sympathetic/empathetic individual, so his discomfort brings me discomfort.

Well President Nicholas, I kind of feel like I'm rambling at this point, so I'll just sign off before it gets too boring. :P Thanks for reading, and have a great transfer week! I'll email you a little more tomorrow after transfer news come. 
-Elder Jared Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment