"Something old, something new" is an expression, right? Well, let's go with that as the theme for this transfer. :)
First, something new: This is officially my first time serving in Calgary!! I'm in the South Stake, covering two wards: Midnapore and Chaparral. It's my first time legitimately covering multiple units, and I'm not entirely sure how that'll go... Already it's been a tad confusing. I'm really bad at putting names to faces, and now I also have to know which ward I know the faces from! But all in all it seems like it's going to be a good experience. I just hope I don't end up "chasing two rabbits." :P
Now, something old: My companion is....
Elder Smith!!
Yep, the same Elder Smith I was with in Pincher Creek! Crazy, eh? I think so. I don't really know what to think about it; apparently we didn't learn enough the first time around haha. It's been an interesting thing to feel comfortable with a companion right off the bat, though. We aren't the first repeat companionship in the zone, either: There are 3 repeats all in all here! This used to be extremely uncommon, but that seems to be changing. :P
This week's been pretty low-key; Elder Smith got sick, so we went to the doctor to get some antibiotics, and have been lying low ever since.
Sister Penner!! Ah, I love her. :) Tell her hi from me. As far as stuff she brought back, the best thing to do would probably be to give it to Elder Eastes and have him send it to me mission mail- there are some things that I really hope he'll pick up on to send me anyway. If you could mention that I'd like my sunglasses, that would probably be good. :)...All the things mom tells me in her emails really help me realize how long I've been gone! Elder Argyle coming home, Annie having a calling, pseudo-Yellowstone, babies, boyfrends... Wow. 16 months can go by so fast, and everything's going to be completely different! At least I've still got quite a while before I really have to think about any of that haha.
As far as the Sister Butler situation, yes, I'm totally fine with what's been going on- they don't need to be concerned. You know, without reading her emails, that just means we'll have that much more to talk about when we get home! I trust the Lord is taking care of her, and I appreciate the efforts for obedience. :)
Well, I'm going to go get lost in the city. I love you! Have a great week, and remember- You're a child of God! :)
-Elder Larsen
Monday, June 23, 2014
Week 69-Greetings From...Calgary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment