"We're all together again, we're here, we're here!"
Well, it's a beautiful morning- the trees are bare, and everywhere the streets are full of strangers, but I've got sunshine on a cloudy day because of-
/\ /\ _ _ /\ /\ |
/ \ / \ _ _ _ / \ / \ |
/ \ / \ _ _ / \ / \ |
/ \ / \ _ _ / \ / \
/ \/ \ _ / \/ \ 0
:) Okay, that took far too long, and it's probably going to get messed up by your computer's formatting anyway, but know that I love you and say unto you again, "Happy Mothers' Day!!" :D Thanks for teaching me... Well, everything I know; lately I've been thinking a lot about what you've done for me by showing me how to behave with dignity and grace. Granted, I'm not always the classiest person in the room, but when I am, it's because I have a mother who exhibits refinement and eloquence in thought, word, and deed- So thanks for creating an environment where I can learn every day to become more fully "finished," and in a much more loving atmosphere than any finishing school would! :)
I think today I'm going to post my email to President for y'all- I haven't done that in a while, and that might explain more than I tend to tell you anyway, so I'll answer some of mom's questions and place that at the end.
So Sister Nicholas. :) She's the sweetest, kindest, nicest, and most exuberant ball of energy that I've yet come to know, and every inch of her is filled with love. She's been going through a rough divorce, which was more of a blessing than a burden; it's been tough on her two sons, but all-in-all it's helped the family grow closer together and become better people: It's truly been a refiner's fire. She gets really close with almost all missionaries, and someday would love to be the wife of a mission president. She'd be good at it. :) Whenever we go to her house, we discuss whatever spiritual principles we've been studying lately, and it becomes an environment where the willing ear can learn to improve in almost every aspect. She's just... fun. :)
Ariel Britt does sound familiar!! If it's the same Ariel I'm thinking of anyway... Awkward if not, but I became pretty good friends with an Ariel in Seminary one year? I really should start remembering people's last names... :P
I did use President Shaw's money for poutine- I think that was one of the first pictures I sent you from Sparwood, but I'll see if I can't attach it again.
...Okay, this might not come across the way I'm intending it, but I feel I have to tell you my favourite part about our Skype session last night. For me, it was that moment when Leila appeared on the screen for an instant, I waved at her, and she proceeded to run out of view. Honestly, my heart broke that she was leaving during our phone call again, and I wondered if she'd still love me when I came home!!
...But that moment when Kaysie called her back on-screen, holding both mine and Dad's portraits, soothed my fears. Kaysie's explanation that "She has to take both of them with her wherever she goes" made a deep impact on me. I may be getting emotional about something trivial (that's one trait I think we definitely share, mom ;) ), but it was a great reminder to me from the actions of a toddler that Dad truly does come with us wherever we go, and our family doesn't leave us just because of temporary separations. I felt a lot of love from that little girl, and I'm pretty sure she's my favourite niece! ;)
Well, I think I'll paste that letter here now. I love you, family, and I pray for you every day! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, even from way out here. Keep it up!
-Elder Jared D. Larsen
.JPG) |
| Jared during our Mother's Day Skype session |
President!!! AHHH!!!! I feel sooooo good!! :D This week has been outright frenetic, and I'm definitely certain this transfer will be good. ...I didn't always think that, but now I do. :)
Elder Fairbanks was a fantastic missionary, and it was really tough to say goodbye to him- he taught me so much about choosing to be happy, and I'll forever thank him for it. I hope he's doing well wherever he is!
My first day with Elder Eastes did not leave the best impression of me, I'm sure. In the night before transfers, I contracted the flu virus, and spent the whole night awake heaving into the toilet. Arriving at transfer station, I felt dizzy and exhausted, and the nausea was still ever-present. I asked Elder Eastes if he'd drive home, but he didn't think that was a good idea since I'm the designated driver. On the drive to drop off the Sisters' luggage, I probably said 6 sentences because the rest of my energy was focused entirely on remaining aware and keeping the contents of my stomach (entirely water) where they were. We arrived at the Sisters' apartment and waited for them to arrive, and Elder Eastes didn't seem aware of the awful ill I'd been feeling, as he contested the idea of waiting to see if the Sisters happened to have any medication in their apartment. The Sisters arrived, grabbed some of their luggage, and we carried the rest to their doorstep. I asked for medicine, promptly pulled a grocery bag from my suit-pocket, and those carefully-contained contents proceeded to fill that empty space... It was not a very good way to start off the transfer haha. Luckily Sister Keller is a voodoo witch-doctor when it comes to Essential Oils, so I spent the rest of the afternoon dead in bed. :)
With that being the start to our companionship, I anticipated Elder Eastes disliking me from the get-go, but that didn't seem to be the case: He seems to enjoy being with me because he can talk to me about his passion for technology, video games, and animé, which is good. It hasn't been the easiest couple of days...hopefully things start going better.
I think there's a lot I can learn from Elder Eastes, too. He's completely comfortable asking the tougher questions in our lessons. And with talking to people on the street. And with inviting an investigator to repent. Basically, he might be the boldest person I've ever met!
Our area's doing well; both of the non-members who were invited to church last week were picked up as investigators this week, we have one on-date for the 24th, and our ward mission leader is on-fire! I'm just praying that Elder Eastes and I become the kind of missionaries this area deserves, so if you could pray as well, that'd be fantastic.
Well, President, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at Zone Conference! I love ya, hope you're doing well, and pray that I'm doing what I can to support you in your efforts to motivate the mission on the new Standards of Excellence.
-Elder Jared D. Larsen
P.S.- I've begun to feel once more that the Lord is helping me qualify for the position to which He's called me, so thanks to you and Him for allowing me to stay here as a District Leader!
Maybe I'll send you my favourite/only pictures of each companion? maybe putting a face to all of those names I gave you last week would be good. :)
.JPG) |
| Elder Newcomb, sleeping in class. |
.JPG) |
| Elder Newcomb |
 |
| Elder Lauzon (right) |
 |
| Elder Downing, There will probably be at least two of him; he's pretty photogenic. Punk. |
 |
| Elder Downing |
 |
| Elder Downing |
 |
| Elder Smith |
 |
| Elder Heuer |
 |
| Elder Fairbanks, making one of his million funny faces :) |
.JPG) |
Elder Fairbanks and I having comp inventory in hamster balls. :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment