Background





Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 45-Q&A

"525,600 minutes..."

Another "winderful" week in Pincher Creek, another email home, and the first of the new year! I'll do my best to answer some questions.

Yes, our New Year's Eve celebration was epic. :) I don't think I've ever had a Nerf war that intense- or ever! So definitely it was a good experience.  Albeit slightly different to be asleep when the new year rang in. :P

The stereotypes surrounding the kindness of Canadians definitely have legitimate social foundations: Although, being a missionary tends to slant the entire experience.  When people view us as actual human beings, they're nicer than I think I've ever experienced anywhere else I've been! On the other hand... Some people aren't as fond of representatives of Jesus Christ as you might be inclined to think.  But that's how He lived, too.

What have I enjoyed most about being a missionary?  That's such an unfair question!! :P  That's the weird thing I've noticed about missionary work: Every experience, positive or negative, that I have is stored in a positive, spiritually uplifting light.  Nothing seems to truly throw me for a loop.  I guess that might be my favorite part about being a missionary...  But as far as a physical thing, I absolutely love all of the meetings!  I know that's probably a little weird, considering that was distinctly my least favorite part about ever serving in a quorum presidency, but there's so much opportunity to learn, grow, and seek revelation and counsel when you're gathered with others united in the same work of salvation.  I'm finally starting to understand what it means: "where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you."

As far as areas I want to serve in: Not Calgary.  Anywhere but the big city.  I want to stay here in the South as long as possible.  I mean, if I do go up North (highly likely), I'd be happy- but it's apparently a really rough transition for anyone who was born in the South.

The drive between Pincher Creek and anywhere is just about the same: Boring and long.  I didn't realize how spoiled I was to have the some of the only mountains in the mission in my first area!  Everything out here is flat lands.  Unless we get to go out to the Crowsnest Pass. :)

If I were serving in Cardston, I would be able to attend the temple every transfer: But I also know some missionaries who have had it approved to skip out on lunch and go do Initiatories instead.  Which would be fantastic.

Aaand.... I still don't think I'll need boots.  My feet don't get cold for some reason.  I'll be okay. :)

Um... I need to get on the run again... But I love you, and I'll write next week!

-Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment